The Fifteenth Ohio was among the first to respond to the President’s proclamation for 75,000 troops for three months. The companies composing the Regiment were enrolled at the following places: Company A April 17, 1861, at Zanesville ; B April 18, 1861, Martinsville ; C April 23, 1861, and G and 1 April 20, 1861, at Upper Sandusky ; D April 18, 1861, at Shelby; E April 18, 1861, at Van Wert; F April 17, 1861, at Sidney ; H April 23, 1861, at Mansfield, and K April 22, 1861, at Wapakoneta. The quota under the first call having been filled, the Fifteenth, like the Fourteenth, was one of nine Regiments mustered into the service of the State of Ohio for three months in accordance with an Act of the General As. sembly of the State of Ohio, to provide more effectually for the defense of the State against invasion, passed April 26, 1861, the eighth section of which provided as follows: That the Governor is hereby authorized in case any further requisition shall be made by the President of the United States upon this State for troops, to cause the Volunteer Militia authorized by the Act or any portion of the same to be mustered into the service of the United States in pursuance of such requisition. A few days after enrollment the companies arrived at Camp Jackson, Columbus, and were mustered into the State service from the 13th to the 24th day of May, 1861, for a period of three months, to date from April 27, 1861, by H. M. Neil, Aid-de-Camp to Governor of Ohio. The Regimental organization being perfected, the Regiment was ordered to proceed to Camp Goddard, Zanesville, where it remained until the latter part of May, drilling, disciplining and preparing for the field. The President having called for three-year troops, the Regiment was promptly transferred into the United States service. In West Virginia the Regiment performed a large amount of marching and guard duty, and rendered valuable service to the Government in assisting to stay the progress of the Rebels towards the North. It was actively engaged before Phiilippi, June 3 ; Laurel Hill, July 8, and Carrick’s Ford, July 14th. Having served its term of enlistment it returned to Columbus, Ohio, and was mustered out of service from the 27th to 30th of August, 1861, by E. Morgan Wood, Captain 15th Infantry, U. S. A., having lost eight men, one killed and seven died of disease.