The Skirmish at Middle Fork Bridge was fought on Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7, 1861 between Union forces commanded by Capt. Orris A. Lawson and Col. Robert Latimer McCook and Confederate forces commanded by Col. Jonathan McGee Heck in Upshur County, West Virginia.
|Pvt. Joseph High||3rd Ohio, Co. A||X|
|Pvt. Nicholas Black||3rd Ohio, Co. G||X|
|Cpl. Samuel R. Johns||3rd Ohio, Co. F||X|
|Pvt. George W. Darling||3rd Ohio, Co. H||X|
- Jun. 23 Report of Maj. Gen. George B. McClellan
- Jun. 23 Proclamation to the People of Western Virginia
- Jul. 6 Report of Maj. Gen. George B. McClellan
- Jul. 6 Telegram to Lt. Col. E. D. Townsend (2nd)
- Jul. 7 Report of Maj. Gen. George B. McClellan (2nd)
Carnes, Eva Margaret. The Tygarts Valley Line, June-July 1861. Philippi: First Land Battle of the Civil War Centennial Commemoration, Inc., 1961. Parsons: McClain Printing Company, 2003.
Updated: 21 April 2023
Created: 23 March 2021